Jobs: Host Cashier
To apply in person, visit the Catamaran Resort Hotel & Spa Human Resources Office Mon – Thurs from 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM at
3999 Mission Blvd. San Diego, CA, 92109
The Catamaran Resort Hotel have openings for part time hostperson to welcome our guests to our restaurants in a warm and enthusiastic fashion. Hostpersons smile and project a professional appearance. They also manage the restaurant’s reservations, work closely with other staff members to meet guests’ needs and influences customer flow for good service while fulfilling guests’ requests. Shows complete knowledge of all menus and pricing, as well as a proactive, customer oriented attitude.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Makes eye contact and smiles warmly when welcoming our guests.
- Is aware of reservation names in advance of guest’s arrival.
- Uses guests’ surname according to standards.
- Seats guests according to a pre-arranged seating plan and initiates light conversation while doing so.
- Holds chairs for ladies first, men when possible.
- Hands menus to guests and places napkins on the guests’ lap.
- May take drink order to expedite and improve service as necessary.
- Manages the reservation book to ensure all reservations are honored for the correct time in order to enhance guest satisfaction as well as operational efficiency.
- Ensure appropriate menus are available for distribution (i.e.; lunch, dinner etc.).
- Ensures menus are clean and in good repair at all time. Replaces soiled, worn and/or torn ones and guarantees enough new menus are kept in reserve.
- Answers the telephone within three rings with a smile and in accordance with the hotel’s telephone etiquette standards.
Service professionals with a friendly, enthusiastic, can-do attitude is what we are looking for! Candidates must be able to maintain a friendly, positive attitude and a professional demeanor at all times. They must be dedicated to providing a memorable experience to each of our guests. They must be committed to the pursuit of excellence in service, a consistent product of high quality and value, and an entrepreneurial, sales-focused culture.
Evans Hotels is the premier provider of resort accommodations in one of San Diego’s most beautiful and scenic locations, Mission Bay Park. Since 1953, it has been our mission to match the superior natural beauty of this landscape with a superior level of service, in addition to well thought out amenities complemented by stylish interior environments. Our properties include The Lodge at Torrey Pines in La Jolla and the Bahia and Catamaran Resort Hotels on Mission Bay.
TO APPLY ONLINE:
Or for more information about the employment opportunities at Evans Hotels, please visit http://www.evanshotels.com/#employment
TO APPLY IN PERSON:
Monday – Thursday from 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM at the Catamaran Resort Hotel & Spa Human Resources Office located at 3999 Mission Blvd. San Diego, CA, 92109. Se habla Español
A partial list of our benefits includes: Medical coverage (after 90 days of employment; for full-time employees), 401(k) Plan (after the completion of 1,000 hours of service in the first 12 months of employment or in any subsequent calendar year); Section 125 Reimbursement Plan; discounted banking services; discounted health club memberships; employee hotel discounts through the Resort Hotel Association Employee Rate Lodging Program; free employee parking and free employee shift meals.
Evans Hotels provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons. The Company prohibits unlawful discrimination on the basis of a person’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristics or medical condition, or any other legally-protected category. Reasonable accommodations are available upon request for qualified individuals with disabilities.