Jobs: Front Desk Agent
To apply in person, visit the Catamaran Resort Hotel & Spa Human Resources Office Mon – Thurs from 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM at
3999 Mission Blvd. San Diego, CA, 92109
The Catamaran Resort Hotel has immediate openings for Front Desk Agents. We are seeking an enthusiastic and outgoing individual to welcome our guests with a warm and friendly smile and courteously and efficiently handle guest arrivals and departures. Applicants should have basic computer skills with previous experience in dealing with the public.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Expectations of this position include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Convey a favorable image of the organization by projecting a positive, professional appearance and demeanor to our guests.
- Participate in increasing the percentage of return guests by listening to and fulfilling their needs with a caring and responsive attitude.
- Contribute to the financial growth of the company by enthusiastically promoting the available amenities and facilities of our hotel.
- Play a key role in ensuring that all guest needs are met in a timely manner by interacting and communicating closely with other departments in the hotel.
- Continuously provide excellent customer service when making reservations and use effective up-selling techniques.
- Offer and provide assistant devices to our guests with disabilities in a thoughtful and professional manner.
- Answer the department telephone with a friendly voice using professional telephone techniques and etiquette.
- Input information into the hotel computer and maintain guest records accurately and precisely, paying close attention to details and comments.
- Maintain a house bank and conform to established cash handling procedures.
- Process guest billing using cash, checks, credit cards and special billing.
- Provide a safe and secure environment for both our guests and colleagues by knowing and assisting in safety and emergency procedures.
Service professionals with a friendly, enthusiastic, can-do attitude is what we are looking for! Candidates must be able to maintain a friendly, positive attitude and a professional demeanor at all times. They must be dedicated to providing a memorable experience to each of our guests. They must be committed to the pursuit of excellence in service, a consistent product of high quality and value, and an entrepreneurial, sales-focused culture.
Company Profile & Benefits
Evans Hotels is the premier provider of resort accommodations in one of San Diego’s most beautiful and scenic locations, Mission Bay Park. Since 1953, it has been our mission to match the superior natural beauty of this landscape with a superior level of service, in addition to well thought out amenities complemented by stylish interior environments. Our properties include The Lodge at Torrey Pines in La Jolla and the Bahia and Catamaran Resort Hotels on Mission Bay.
For more information about the employment opportunities at Evans Hotels, please visit EvansHotels.com
Se habla Español
A partial list of our benefits includes: Medical coverage (after 90 days of employment, for full-time employees); 401(k) Plan (after the completion of 1,000 hours of service in the first 12 months of employment or in any subsequent calendar year); Section 125 Reimbursement Plan; discounted banking services; discounted health club memberships; employee hotel discounts through the Resort Hotel Association Employee Rate Lodging Program; free employee parking and free employee shift meals.
Return to ALL Job Opportunities at Catamaran Resort
Evans Hotels provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons. The Company prohibits unlawful discrimination on the basis of a person’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristics or medical condition, or any other legally-protected category. Reasonable accommodations are available upon request for qualified individuals with disabilities.