The Catamaran Spa is committed to:
- Meeting or exceeding all state, local, and regulatory guidelines relating to sanitation and hygiene.
- Prohibiting employees who have a fever or are sick from engaging with guests or entering guest areas.
- Training all employees on sanitation and hygiene standards.
- Ensuring that all staff are wearing masks and maintaining appropriate social distancing while working in the spa.
- Washing hands for a minimum of 20 seconds at the start and end of each service.
- Fully sanitizing all treatment spaces between each service with an EPA approved disinfectant.
- Fully sanitizing all common areas at least once per hour with an EPA approved disinfectant.
- Always providing clean and sanitized linens, towels, robes, sandals, and lockers for each service.
As a spa guest, we request that you commit to:
- Wearing a face covering and maintaining appropriate social distancing when you are in the spa. A mask may be provided upon request. Guests must wear face coverings the entire time in the facility with the exception of during facial services.
- Performing a brief COVID-19 symptom self-assessment and then signing a waiver prior to using the spa.
- Refraining from visiting the spa if you have a fever or communicable illness.
- Refraining from visiting the spa if you are under an isolation or quarantine directive.
- Not bringing additional friends or family in the facility, except for a parent or guardian accompanying a minor.
- Respecting the spa’s sanitation and hygiene standards and processes posted within the spa.
- Washing hands for a minimum of 20 seconds prior to the beginning of each service.
- Sharing special sanitation or hygiene requests prior to arriving at the spa.
We will be waiving cancellation fees, if cancellation is due to illness or exposure to the COVID-19 virus. As your appointment is reserved especially for you, we ask that, whenever possible, you call the spa within 24 hours of your appointment if you do need to cancel or reschedule.
We recommend that guests in high-risk, vulnerable groups not receive treatments at this time.
In order to ensure the widest selection of services and times, we highly recommend that you schedule all spa appointments a minimum of two weeks in advance for weekday bookings, and two to four weeks in advance for weekend or holiday bookings.
All prices, services and hours of operation at The Catamaran Spa are subject to change without notification. Our reservationists are available to assist you in planning the spa experience that best suits your individual needs. Please call to confirm current rates, services, and hours of operation.
Gift cards are available for any dollar amount and can be used at The Spa for services or retail, at Oceana Coastal Kitchen, or for overnight accommodations at the Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa.
What to Bring
We will provide you with a locker, robe and sandals. For the treatment, you will disrobe to your comfort level. During all treatments, the only area of the body that is not completely draped is the area being worked on.
What to Leave at Home
Alcohol is not permitted in the spa and is not recommended before or after a treatment. We also recommend that you do not bring jewelry or valuables to the spa. A locker is provided for your clothing and other personal items.
The spa is a cell phone–free environment. Please be mindful of other guests and your time to relax. We ask that you put your phones on silent as you enter the spa and refrain from using them during your visit.
A 20% service charge will be added to each spa service. The service charge is shared among the therapist (18%), Spa Attendants and Receptionists (2%). At your discretion, you may leave an additional gratuity for your therapist.
What time to arrive
Please arrive 30 minutes prior to your first treatment time in order to allow ample time to check in, shower and prepare. We invite you to enjoy the relaxation lounge for 30 minutes before and after your spa treatments.
Comfort Level During the Treatments
During all treatments, the only area of the body that is not completely draped is the area being worked on. If at any time during your treatment you are not completely comfortable, whether it is the pressure of the massage or the volume of the music, simply let the service providers know. This is your time, and the service providers are here to make sure your experience is everything that you want it to be.
If you are pregnant, you may want to avoid treatment using deep pressure as well as hydrotherapy and treatments involving heat. Also, please notify our spa reservationists of your pregnancy when booking your treatment.